Monday, March 23, 2009

In Class Writing Steriods

Pressure for high school kids to do performance enhancing drugs is ruining many sports such as baseball. My whole life I never thought the sport of baseball would be something I would not enjoy. After playing almost year around until I was seventeen I realized some people take the game a little too serious. At first when I started to play the game it was all about having fun with your friends on a nice sunny day. Little did I know those days would be short lived. It soon became five practices a week that took place rain, cold, or snow. It was no longer about having fun, but more so about winning. It soon turned into who was the biggest, fastest, and strongest. And then at some point banned growth substances like steroids were thrown in the picture. I never thought much of the drugs like steroids because I had never experienced it first hand. However it wasn't until I reached high school until I realized people were actually doing this. Playing at a Nationally renowned baseball school, the pressure to succeed overwhelmed many people I knew, but I stayed determined. None of my teammates did not use steriouds because it was illegal and we were tested, but I know my friends from my travel team did so at their school's and did so often. Still at my school legal performance enhancing drugs were used to help make everyone bigger. I wanted no part of this what so ever. Eventually I realized that some people had gotten so far ahead of me in size and speed that I had little playing time in my games. To me drugs like steroids weren't the correct path for me, and baseball wasn't baseball with them in the picture. So my Sophomore year after we had just won the state championship in baseball I decided that I could no longer partake in this sport I used to know as baseball. Coaches had gotten too serious and players had thrown away there morals. Overall drugs and sports don't mix, so walking away from the game wasn't hard for me, because it wasn't the game I grew to love anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.