First is my response to the negatives of the word retard. This word is hate. Using it is demeaning and demoralizing a certain group of people who face enough struggle in their life's without it. The word is a negative slander created unjustly. In my belief the word should be considered as bad as other swear words, even though many people use it half heartily. This is why I think the word is so harmful.
Next is my response to the positives of the word retard. It is not hate it is association with a certain group of people. It can for warn people to know what group they are about to associate with. It can be used in conversation casually in some occasions. Even though many disagree with the use of this word it has its own benefits at times. (I don't condone the use of the word, but I am simply just doing this as an assignment).
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.