Thursday, February 12, 2009

SWA #6 Blog 1

I watched the first Mac advertisement video that was made in 1984. This video is very unique in the fact that it was the unveiling of the prominent company that we all know today. However the main claim that this commercial is making is that the people of that time were all very limited with their options when it came to purchasing a computer. However Mac's advertisement claimed that they were going to completely change the way that people see the PC (Personal Computer). This commercial is targeting those who were looking for the new biggest technological innovation. The zombie like mode that the commercial creates almost in essence builds up more of a hype for the release of Mac's new computer. The hype was all about Mac, because no one had ever before seen or used another computer than a Windows. Overall the claim that technology was limited and the Mac was going to change that proved true.

1 comment:

  1. I felt that this commercial was more catchy then others because it was completely different than the other commercials. When I watched that advertisement I was a little confused at first but after reading your analysis of it I understand it better. I think you did a really good job explaining what the commercial was about.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.